- On 15/11/2018
- In Services 1
Tour In Kefalonia Overview
You will go for an interesting adventure on island Kefalonia. Wonderful and beautiful views, breathtaking panoramas, unusual and amazing natural events, also a lot of interesting and mysterious myths and legends of the island all wait for you. Step by step Kefalonia will show all its unforgettable places.
- Visit Saint Gerasimos Monastery
- Soak up world-famous Mellissani Lake and Dragorati Cave
- Visit the most important sights of Kefalonia Island
POINTS OF INTEREST:
- Holy relics of St. Gerasimos
- Drogarati Cave
- Melissani Cave
- Agia Efimia Village
- ViewPoint of Mirtos Beach
- Argostoli Town – the capital of Kefalonia Island
The trip starts from the northern port of island Zakynthos – this is a port of Saint Nicolas. Cruise in waters of the Ionian sea and sea view will stay in your memory for a long time and if you will be lucky you may see dolphins!
The program on island Kefalonia starts off from visiting the temple of Saint Gerasimus. It is a real talisman of the island, the view of the church will make you want to learn about the native religious culture. Here you can touch saint relics and visit the cave where the saint lived for 6 years all alone. It is an amazing and unbelievable place with its own energy.
The next stop is the cave Drogaratti which amazes your imagination with its unusual reliefs. Here 60 meters under the ground situated stalactites and stalagmites (their age is more than 20 000 years). The cave is so huge, that can contain more than 500 people – during summer concerts are being held there. Also, you will be able to see the Royal balcony where performed famous opera singers Maria Kallas and Luchiano Pavarotti.
After we will visit the cave Melissani on the bottom of which there is a lake. It is a real natural miracle; it gains sunlight through the hall in the ceiling. You can swim in the lake on a boat and make beautiful pictures. Our way lies through a little village of Agia Efimia where we will make a stop to have lunch in one of the taverns.
After lunch, you will have an opportunity to make wonderful pictures of one of the most famous beaches of island Kefalonia – beach Mirtos. Calm water surface amazes with its color and shades variations, from sky blue to calm deep and dark blue.
We move along with the coastal line and high mountains, entering, finally, the capital of the island – city Argostoli. Visiting the old part of Argostoli you will feel a fairytale atmosphere from Venice buildings, get under the power of monumental temples, while our guides will tell you about their traditions, myths and the history of the island.
In a great mood, we will head back to port Pessada for the ferry to take us from there back to Zakynthos.
- Full-Day Excursion by modern, air-conditioned vehicle
- Ferry tickets Agios Nicolaos – Pessada – Agios Nicolaos
- Pick up and drop off
- Tour Guide
- Entrance to Drogarati Cave (5 euro)
- Entrance to Melissani Lake (8 euro)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours, subject to availability
- Duration: 10 hours (approximately)
- Tour Language: ENGLISH
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants (0-2) that do not occupy a seat are not included in the number of travelers and are free of charge
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the arranged pickup time